The sooner your child’s issues are addressed, the easier later treatment may be.
We understand that parents have many questions concerning orthodontic treatment for their children. And you may not know this, but the childhood and teenage years are a wonderful time for smile alignment services. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists® recommends that a child receive their first orthodontic screening by age 7. This early screening allows our orthodontist and team to examine your child’s existing and incoming teeth and determine whether early orthodontic treatment in Herndon, Virginia, would be right for them.
Indications for early treatment include:
- Early or late loss of primary teeth
- Difficulty in chewing
- Breathing through the mouth
- Thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that are too far forward or back
- Biting the cheeks or into the roof of the mouth
- Front teeth that do not meet or meet in an abnormal way
- An unbalance facial appearance
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth
To help ensure your child gets the quality care they deserve, we encourage you to trust the specialists at GoSmiles Dentistry. We have extensive training in the unique fields of dentistry, including orthodontics. Call 703-689-3900 or visit our office to learn more! We look forward to caring for your child’s oral health needs.