Protect or improve your smile with our durable and attractive porcelain dental crowns.
If you have a fractured, broken or decayed tooth, we invite you to ask our team about dental crowns. A dental crown can be used for many oral health improvements, the most common being the restoration of a significantly decayed or damaged tooth. Beginning at the gum line, a dental crown covers the entire tooth’s structure and returns it to a natural shape and size.
Other uses for a dental crown include:
- Protecting the structure and internal tissues of a tooth after root canal treatment
- Anchoring and securing a dental bridge in place
- Completing the restoration of a dental implant
- Enhancing the overall appearance of your smile
- Renewing a misshapen tooth to its most natural look
- Strengthening a tooth that’s been fractured or otherwise damaged
- Supporting a dental filling when an insufficient amount of tooth structure remains
As the most aesthetic option for your crown material, porcelain is used at GoSmiles Dentistry because it matches the natural color of enamel. There are other, less popular materials with which crowns can be made, such as gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal.
If you want to learn whether a dental crown in Herndon, Virginia, could be right for you, please reach out to us at 703-689-3900. We look forward to seeing you for a visit with our dentists!